Become Our Volunteer
In the Educational Volunteers Foundation we realize all of our activities with the support of our volunteers. Our volunteers, who believe that the children of our country have the right to realize their hopes, deliver their efforts, time, knowledge and experience without any discrimination, to our children. With a social responsibility perspective, our volunteers provide the greatest contribution in creating enlightened people of the future.
Our volunteers not only support our children's education; they also help to increase social sensibility and appreciation for the notion of civil society institutions.
Our educational activities are implemented solely by volunteer support and contribute a lot to our volunteers as well as our children. While participating in projects that support their community, our volunteers also contribute to themselves in terms of their occupational development.
In order to be a Volunteer in Educational Volunteers
You are required to
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate
- Embrace the Foundations objectives, mission and vision
- Have the necessary educational, occupational and personal characteristics to make concrete contributions to activities and functions defined by the Foundation.
In order to be a volunteer in our foundation you have to complete the Step by Step Volunteering procedure.
Step by Step Volunteering Procedure
The Step by Step Volunteering procedure is composed of the following stages:
- TEGV Orientation
- Volunteer Contract
- Copy of Identification Card
- Certificate of good conduct
- Educational Volunteer Guide
- Volunteer Contract
- Basic Volunteer Trainings
- Communication Training (1 day)
- Learning Approaches and Methodologies Training -TÖYME (2 days)
- Activity Volunteer Training (For some activities)
- Voluntary Work
- Volunteer Motivation – Recognition Procedures (ID Card / Plaque / Recognition Gifts / Certificate of Appreciation)
TEGV aims for everyone to volunteer on a permanent basis with long-term goals. The detailed process below contributes towards the right volunteer profile, the right manner of work, the support to shape the activities, volunteer diversity, and the creation of a permanent voluntary contribution.
Volunteer candidates fill out the "Volunteer Candidate Pre Application Form" through the web or by going to the Headquarters or any of the activity locations in person.
Candidates younger than 18 years and who are still enrolled in high school are required to provide a document to the activity location personnel from an authorized person in their schools stating that they are allowed to participate in volunteer work.
All volunteer candidates whose applications are approved, are invited to the first TEGV Orientation meeting organized at the TEGV activity locations they have applied for.
In this meeting, the volunteer candidates are informed about TEGV's mission, vision and operating principles, the Step by Step Volunteering Procedure and the educational programs developed by the Education and Volunteer Department and Content, Research and Development Department.
At the end of the orientation meeting the candidates are asked to fill out the "Volunteer Candidate Information Form", to sign the Volunteer Contract, and to bring 1 photo and a copy of their Identification Card.
Basic Volunteer Trainings
All candidates who participated in the TEGV orientation are invited to Basic Volunteer Trainings. The Basic Volunteer Trainings are composed of a 1-day Communication Training and 2-dayLearning Approaches and Methodologies Training –TÖYME. Candidates who would like to be an Activity Volunteer and/ or Volunteer Trainer are required to participate in both of these trainings.Candidates who would like to be "Support Volunteers" are only required to participate in Communication Training.
In order to participate in Communication Training volunteers are required to complete all necessary paperwork and also bring their "certificate of good conduct".
The candidates who complete these trainings acquire the "volunteer" status.
The volunteers who choose to volunteer in the activities in which Activity Volunteer Trainings are required ( Citizenship Education, Drama Workshop, Dreams Workshop, Tofas Basketball Volunteers, Young Shirts, I Read I Play, Thinking Children, Starting My Career Journey, Math Science and I, Research Workshop, Financial Education, Sports for Fun, Computer Literacy Program and Health Development Program) can only begin their volunteer work after they have completed the required trainings.
"Support Volunteers", "Activity Volunteers" and "Volunteer Trainers" who complete their basic trainings start their volunteer work in line with their choices.
What Can You Do As A Volunteer
TEGV provides opportunities for the volunteer candidates to work as Activity Volunteer, Volunteer Trainer and/or Support Volunteer in line with their own knowledge, skills, experience and preferences.
Activity Volunteer: They volunteer for the activities implemented in Education Parks, Learning Units, Primary Schools (via Support for Social Activities Protocol), Community Centers and City Representative Offices. We expect our volunteers to participate in an educational activity at least for one semester and at least 2 hours per week.
Volunteer Trainer: They volunteer as a trainer for Basic Volunteer Trainings and/or Activity Volunteer Trainings.
Support Volunteer: They volunteer in 5 different areas of the Foundation besides the educational activities:
- Communication Volunteer: They volunteer in the activity locations to support communication activities such as outreach activities, relations with local media etc..
- Resource Volunteer: They volunteer in the activity locations to help finding individuals or organizations who can make contribute to provide the needs of the location, the contributions can be monetary or in kind.
- Office Volunteer: They volunteer in the activity locations and help the office work using their personal and professional experiences.
- Technology Volunteer: They volunteer in the activity locations to give support in line with the determined criteria for computers and equipments.
- Project Volunteer: They volunteer in the activity locations give support to all other projects and organizations that are not defined under other volunteering areas