The "Basketball Volunteers" program has been implemented with the collaboration of the Educational Volunteers Foundation and Tofaş Sports Club since 2000. The program was developed by the TOFAŞ Sports Club and aims to teach life skills such as teamwork and communication. It also aims to support children to develop of a healthy personality through basketball education.
- Basic basketball movements
- The rules of the basketball game
- The workouts and drills for the basketball game
- The drills for defense and attack in the basketball game
The program involves,
The Basketball Volunteers program targets 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th, grade children.(11-13 year olds.)
The program is being implemented in 12 Educational Parks and Mardin Center, Mardin Savur and Mardin Midyat Learning Units. Each location has girls teams and boys teams.
The volunteers who would like to teach the "Basketball Volunteers" program are preferred to;
- Be a graduate or student in Physical Education College,
- Be a graduate or university student in Physical Education and Sports Department
- Be interested in or involved in Basketball professionally.